Tuesday, September 15, 2009

unfknblvbl


I wanted to apply for a grant with the Helpmann Academy for the catalogue of the Outsiders Festival. Then, I was told that I was not eligible, as I was not enrolled in the BVAD course. Explanation below:


"You are enrolled in single subjects for the BVAD but you are not enrolled officially in the degree as you need to apply through SATAC for that. We do offer some units as single subjects in the degree if there are spaces but as a single subject category in that situation you are not enrolled officially in the degree. I know it is a bit complicated but that is the situation."


Today, I have received a letter from TAFE SA that starts as follows:"As you are a current student in the Bachelor of Visual Arts and Design..."


I believe I have been unfairly treated in this instance and I feel extremely unhappy about that. I believe this was a very important lost opportunity for fairness to prevail, for the School to get some much needed exposure and for some Outsider Artists to get the recognition they deserve.